Friday, September 14, 2007

Tassimo, take me away

Another shameless product plug. (I don't have any good medical stories today.)

I. Love. My. Tassimo.

It's the perfect cup of coffee. Every time.

If you're a big-pot-of-coffee kind of household, Tassimo might not be the best option. But at my house, I want my coffee an hour before my husband wants his. And then I might want one cup later in the day, depending.

So if you're a one-cup-at-a-time house, this will change your life.

Downsides: A cup of coffee costs 50 cents, a latte $1. And I feel a little bad about filling my local landfill with little plastic disks full of biodegradable coffee.

But I love my Tassimo.

PS Try the Chai Tea. - mmmmm.....

3 comments:

Eric, AKA The Pragmatic Caregiver said...

Four Sbux blends will be available in Tassimo very shoirtly, along with upgraded brewers.

Anonymous said...

I have a Tassimo and use it to make espresso which I then mix with skim milk and hot chocolate. Saves me a lot versus buying Starbucks' Cafe Mocha.

BUT, like you I feel guilty about the plastic discs I throw away so when I have to replace it I'll get a Keurig machine which I think allows you to refill a reusable "K cup."

Check out the website that is just for single serving coffee. Can't recall the exact address but its a great site to check before buying a machine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Smak,
I work in PR and Tassimo is one of my clients. I'm glad to hear you're a fan! Please email me at jhopkins(at)aspenms(dot)com - I have some new T-Discs that I'd love for you to try, free of course.
Best,
Jessica Hopkins
Aspen PR for Tassimo