I find it easy to be bitter about what my son Henry and my family is going through.
Time to count my blessings.
1. He's too young to be scared about the future, but old enough to be verbal enough to tell us what's going on.
2. His older sisters. They keep our spirits up with their bouncing and laughing and general full-of-life-ness.
3. We live close enough to a major academic hospital that Henry is going to get top notch care.
4. We have had an outpouring of support from friends, family, coworkers, etc. It's been truly humbling.
5. My employer has been supportive, gracious, and flexible with me. What a luxury.
I'll add to the list as I remember more. My blessings have indeed been on my mind.