Thursday, December 20, 2007

11 years of higher education...

...was put to great use yesterday.

30 year old female. Chief complaint: blurry vision.

Dr. Smak: (ever the astute clinician) Tell me about your blurry vision.

Ms. Sharpasatack: I squirted water in my eye in the bath tub last night. I couldn't see anything for like 5 seconds.

Dr. Smak: Uuhhhh....any other time?

Ms. Sharpasatack: It's really been blurry for like the past 2 months, pretty much when I lost my glasses.

Dr. Smak: Uuhhhh....have you seen your eye doctor?

Ms. Sharpasatack: No, I guess I need to.

Dr. Smak: Uuhhhh.....

I think we're done here.

3 comments:

Femail doc said...

(note on call slip--this patient is freaking out and would like call as soon as possible) "I can't get over this cold!" "How long have you been sick?" "For like about 2 days."

Ditto that emotion...all this education and now this...

Anonymous said...

too funny gals.
The world at times is a helpless place
Hope they at least had insurance so you could make the big bucks............
K3P3

Anonymous said...

Ah, fer cryin' out loud! I swear the moon must be full.